At Thrive, we are growing a vibrant community of health care revolutionaries - adults and children looking for natural, organic, drug-free and surgery-free health care.
In 1902, Thomas Edison said, "The doctor of the future will give no medicine, but will interest his patients in the care of the human frame, in diet and the cause and prevention of disease." Is that the doctor of today?
If you don't think a health care revolution is necessary at this time, consider this:
- America spends more on health care than any nation in the world; twice as much as second place Canada (CIA Factbook, 2008)
- The US is the 9th most overweight country in the world, though we have 2 million-percent (2,000,000%) more people than 1st place, Nauru. If you consider just obesity, most studies rank the US as #1 (Forbes Magazine)
- 75% of all health care dollars are spent on patients with one or more chronic illness, many of which can be prevented, including diabetes, obesity, heart disease, lung disease, some cancers, and high blood pressure (Health Affairs)
- US ranks 43rd (out of 50 industrialized nations) in infant mortality rate, down from 12th (1960) and 21st (1990). The lowest is Singapore with 2.3 deaths per 1,000. The US is 6.3 deaths per 1,000 which is 274% higher (CIA Factbook, 2008)
- US life expectancy is 78.14 and ranks 47th out of 50 industrialized nations (CIA Factbook, 2008)
For these reasons, we are pooling together a cadre of health care rockstars bent on changing the way we thinking about our bodies and our ecosystems. Yes, the health care monster has
seven heads and breathes fire...we know this, and yet we push forward.
The beautiful part to this battle is that it is a peaceful battle, because health care at it is core, is nurturing, kind and patient. It is an act of love. Most of us are terrible at loving and we are even worse at loving ourselves. We work with the body to heal itself.
We all love ourselves well by living within our design. Think of it this way: do you love your car well if you never give it an oil change? What if you constantly drive at 8,000 RPMs? You chuckle, but isn't that what most Americans are doing to themselves.
Our patients come in broken, dishearted, irritated and confused. The answers they are getting from mainstream media are making matters worse. So, for your own sake, please do not expect to get the same answers from us that you've heard all your life. We are different, and we are proud of that.
We are fans of chiropractic care, and we value the nervouse system. We are fans of raw, organic foods and cleansing the body of toxins. We are fans of sunshine, personal responsibility and kindness. We are fans of losing weight, using our bodies in everyday life, and yoga.
Don't be lured into believing these are normal values. They are abnormal. If you see them as normal, then you are the minority. Join us, the underdogs. It's a revolution!
We have a saying around here: If you don't take care of your body, where are you going to live?